Here is a list of some amazing facts about human body that will blow up your mind completely:
1) After eighteen years of age the brain stops growing
Our brain works continuously and never takes rest, even when we’re sleeping. After eighteen years of age it begins to lose more than 1,000 brain cells every day.
2) About 10,000 human cells can fit on the head of a pin.
3) Human body can produce enough heat to boil half a gallon of water in just thirty minutes.
4) Sweat is never stinky.
It’s not our sweat which stinks but the bad body odour is caused when the skin bacteria feed on sweat. Their waste products thus lead to bad smell.
5) Cracking sound of knuckles:
The cracking sound of knuckles, neck, and bones at other joints when cracked is caused because of the sound of bubbles popping in the joints’ fluid.
6) You are taller in the morning than in the evening:
On an average you are at least one inch taller in morning than in evening. During the day the body deals with a lot of standing stress and as a result there is loss of extra height.
7) On an average a person loses 60 – 100 strands of hair.
Hair loss varies in accordance with season, illness, pregnancy etc. and on an average 60 to 100 strands of hair is lost unless you are completely bald.
8) Women blink twice as many times as men do
On an average a man or a woman blinks 13 times a minute and women blink twice as many times as men do.
9) Babies are always born with blue eyes
The melanin in a new born’s eye often needs time after birth to be fully deposited or to be darkened by exposure to ultraviolet light, later revealing the baby’s true eye colour.
10) Monday is the day of the week when the risk of heart attack is greatest.
According to a survey it is found that 20% more people die on Monday as compared to any other day. It is assumed that combination of too much fun over the weekend with the stress of going back to work causes the increase.
Featured Image Source: telegraph.co.uk