With the entire world shifting towards vegan diet, the Google searches for Vegan Restaurants Near Me is constantly increasing. And if you are in Delhi, your search for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” has brought you to the right place.
Well, if you are in Delhi and wondering which are the best vegan restaurants in Delhi, then below is the list of Vegan Restaurants in Delhi. But if you are new to Vegan Food as a concept, read the article till the end to know more about Vegan food, how it is different from Vegetarian food and its benefits.
List of Best Vegan Restaurants in Delhi
1. Perch Wine and Coffee Bar
If you want to go out for a nice lunch or dinner then Perch is a very nice place for that. The mild smell of fresh coffee beans and the seating on the open terrace, make the entire dining experience very beautiful. The best part is here you find plenty of dairy – free eating options that you can relish. If you are looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” then this one should definitely be in your list if you are in Delhi.
Location: Khan Market, New Delhi
Contact: 083739 76637
2. Burma Burma
This one is certainly a paradise for vegan lovers as they have plenty of vegan food options in their menu. The vegan food here is so tasty that people will no longer miss those chicken kabad and tikkas. The famous Bubble tea is also served here which is why people love to visit this place again and again. If you are looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” then this one should definitely be in your list if you are in Delhi.
Location: Select City Mall, Saket, New Delhi
Contact: 011 4914 5807
3. Rose Café
A section of menu is purely dedicated to the vegan dishes. Here you will find the most delicious and healthy pumpkin and beetroot salads, pasta, open sandwiches, etc. Not only this, they also have a variety of vegan desserts like vegan apple cake, banana cake, dark chocolate gelato, etc. A definite inclusion if you are in Delhi and looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me”.
Location: Kohinoor Enclave, Saket, New Delhi
Contact: 098990 55665
4. Greenr Café
This is one of the most popular vegan restaurants in Delhi as it offers a huge variety. For certain eateries (like pizza), the vegan option if it is not mention in the menu, still if asked they are gentle enough to make its vegan version for some extra bucks. Most people in Delhi and looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” have loved this place.
Location: Greater Kailash 1, New Delhi
Contact: 095602 90859
5. Café Turtle
Their menu doesn’t separately indicate the vegan section but the staffs there are happy to help you to suggest the best options. Most people in Delhi and looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” have loved this place.
Location: Nizamuddin East Market, New Delhi
Contact: 011 4182 6124
Best place for those who love eating healthy food. This place provides the best vegan smoothies and this brand’s staff make a deliberate effort to serve their customers in an environment friendly manner. (Probably this is the reason you won’t get straws at this place). If you are looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” then this one should definitely be in your list if you are in Delhi.
Location: Greater Kailash 1, New Delhi
Contact: 088002 03503
7. Road House Café
A separate menu for vegan and gluten free dishes, that is what we all want, don’t we? Best place to hang out with your health conscious buddies. Most people in Delhi and looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me” have loved this place.
Location: GK 1 M Block Market, New Delhi
Contact: 096500 50618
So, now when you know the list then why wait any further?? Go and dig into your favorite vegan food from these vegan restaurants near me today.
What is Vegan Food?
Vegan food refers to dishes that do not contain any animal products or by-products. This includes meat, poultry, fish, dairy, eggs, and honey. Some popular vegan foods include fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy, such as tofu, tempeh, and almond milk. Veganism is a lifestyle choice that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose, and many people choose to follow a vegan diet for health, environmental, or ethical reasons.
There are many delicious and healthy vegan meal options available, and with the increasing popularity of veganism, it has become easier to find vegan options when dining out or purchasing food products.
A vegan can eat a lot of different types of food, including:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains (such as quinoa, barley, and wheat berries)
- Legumes (such as lentils, beans, and peas)
- Nuts and seeds (such as almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds)
- Tofu, tempeh, and other soy-based meat alternatives
- Dairy-free milk alternatives (such as soy milk, almond milk, and oat milk)
- Nut-based cheese and yogurt alternatives
- Veggie burgers and other meat alternatives
Also there are some cuisines which are easily adaptable to vegan diet, such as Indian, Ethiopian, Mexican, Thai, and Mediterranean cuisine, often feature a wide variety of plant-based options.
Vegan Food Vs Vegetarian Food
Vegan and vegetarian diets are similar in that they both exclude meat, but there are some key differences between the two.
A vegetarian diet is a diet that excludes meat, fish, and poultry, but may include other animal products such as eggs and dairy. There are several different types of vegetarian diets, including:
- Lacto-vegetarians, who eat dairy products but not eggs
- Ovo-vegetarians, who eat eggs but not dairy products
- Lacto-ovo vegetarians, who eat both eggs and dairy products
On the other hand, a vegan diet is a type of vegetarian diet that excludes all animal products, including meat, fish, poultry, eggs, dairy, and any other animal-derived ingredients. Some vegans also choose to avoid products such as honey and certain types of clothing and cosmetics that may be produced using animal products or by-products.
Both vegan and vegetarian diets have been associated with several health benefits, including a lower risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer. However, because a vegan diet is typically lower in certain nutrients such as iron, calcium, and vitamin B12, it is important for vegans to be mindful of these deficiencies and make sure they are getting enough of these nutrients from other sources.
Overall, a vegan diet is more restrictive than a vegetarian diet, as it does not include any animal-derived products. Both diets can be healthy but a vegan diet requires more planning and nutrient awareness to ensure the daily needs are met.
Benefits of Vegan Food Diet
There are a number of potential benefits associated with following a vegan diet (and you can get a find restaurants that can serve you those by searching for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me”), including:
- Weight loss: A well-planned vegan diet can be lower in calories and fat than a diet that includes animal products, which may lead to weight loss.
- Lower risk of chronic diseases: A vegan diet has been associated with a lower risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer. This may be due in part to the fact that a vegan diet is typically high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants and low in saturated fat.
- Improved kidney function: A vegan diet has been found to improve kidney function in people with kidney disease.
- Lower risk of osteoporosis: While a vegan diet may be low in calcium, it has been associated with a lower risk of osteoporosis, possibly because vegans tend to have a lower body mass index (BMI) and higher bone mass density than non-vegans.
- Better blood sugar control: A vegan diet may help improve blood sugar control and may be beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Environmental benefits: Vegan diet could greatly help in reducing the environmental burden caused by animal agriculture. It consumes a large amount of resources such as water, energy and land, generates greenhouse gas emissions, and contributes to deforestation and other forms of habitat destruction.
It’s important to note that a vegan diet can also be high in processed foods and sugar if not planned correctly, so it’s important to focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods and to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian if you are thinking of transitioning to a vegan diet. And if you love Vegan food and were looking for “Vegan Restaurants Near Me”, we hope you went through the list at the beginning of this article.
We hope you liked reading through this article about Vegan Restaurants Near Me. For more articles on travel, health, fitness and lifestyle, please visit TrendMantra.com
Here are some more recommended articles from TrendMantra.