PM Narendra Modi announced on April 14th that all districts, cities, states and union territories will be under strict lockdown and a list of hotspots will be made till April 20th post which some of the safer locations will be allowed some respite from the restrictions.
Here’s a list of some relaxations that may be allowed after April 20th.
1) Essential industries in rural areas, e-commerce, IT and farming will be allowed to operate with minimum staff post April 20th. The government will allow the construction of roads in rural areas and some IT hardware companies to operate to ease the demand – supply gap created due to the lcockdown.
2) Inter – state transport of goods for all items will be resumed from April 20th. Call centres for govt functions and manufacturing units of medical equipment & medicines will also be allowed to operate but with essential staff only.
3) Units that process and produce coal, minerals and oil will be permitted to resume activity.
4) Financial institutions like RBI, banks, ATMs, stock market, insurance companies will be allowed to operate with minimum staff.
5) Production & distribution of dairy products and poultry, tea, coffee related units will be permitted to start operations.
6) Important Central & State govt offices will open from April 20th.
7) Social, political & family functions and gatherings will not be permitted. In case of a funeral, maximum of 20 members will be allowed to perform the essential rites.
8) Air, rail & highway travel will stay closed. The communication for air, rail & highway travel will be shared in due time.
9) Commercial establishments like malls, shopping complexes, theaters, hotels etc will stay closed till further notice.
Follow TrendMantra on twitter by clicking the Follow button below to stay updated with latest news related to COVID 19 pandemic.